Welcome to our parish website. All newsletters and other updates are posted on the home page. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter @stwilfholycross. We are beginning the amalgamation process with Holy Cross, Whitwick so you can find information on new Mass times here.

13 March 2015

Hannah's Skydive Jump for Breakthrough Breast Cancer

My name is Hannah Walsh, I usually sit at the back of Church every Saturday evening. I am going to be carrying out a skydive in May to raise funds for Breakthrough Breast Cancer and this is why....

...because in October 2013 my mum found a lump!

In 3 months our world was completely flipped upside down, lots of doctors visits, hundreds of words, a million prayers and one very big operation. In January 2014 a few days before her birthday, my mum had a double mastectomy.

My mum is the strongest person I have ever met in my whole life and seeing her in those first few months post surgery were so difficult for me, my dad, my sister and my brother, but without the work that Breakthrough Breast Cancer carries out, my mum would not be here today.

So, to say thank you to them, I am jumping out of a plane. Please donate as much or as little as you can so that we can help bring an end to this hideous disease that effects so many women and men.

You can donate through visiting my JustGiving page https://www.justgiving.com/hanna-walsh/ OR by texting HSKY70 £5 to 70070.