Welcome to our parish website. All newsletters and other updates are posted on the home page. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter @stwilfholycross. We are beginning the amalgamation process with Holy Cross, Whitwick so you can find information on new Mass times here.

05 July 2020

Letter of gratitude from Fr. Gabriel


GRATITUDE

Dear brothers and sisters,

I would like to express my sincere thanks to every member of our parish family for the massive support given through me to my younger sister who lost everything in a fire incident that gutted their family home in Cameroon on 31st of May 2020. It was an incident that made them homeless. Thanks to God they were given accommodation in a convent until the time they were able to move into their own home through your help.

The fire started from a nearby garage while they were asleep and extended to their family home about 3.00am. It was her second son who woke her up and told her that the house was full of smoke. When she got up, she thought they were trapped but thanks to God they managed to escape and the entire house got burnt down. Nothing was saved.

Through your generosity, they have been able to move into a new home and are now settling down. You have really shown so much love to me and to my sister through your prayer, calls and financial support.

I will never forget this act of kindness that you have shown me, my sister and her family. Their friends wonder how they were able to get back to their feet but you did the miracle through your act of kindness.

May God continue to bless you and reward you abundantly.

Many thanks

Fr Gabriel